We’re kicking off season four of the podcast with a guest we’re excited to spend some time with. Jamie Hopkins ESQ., MBA, CFP®, LLM, CLU®, CHFC®, RICP® is the Managing Partner of Wealth Solutions at Carson Group as well as a writer, researcher and educator, and over his career he’s become a media go-to expert on retirement income planning and tax law.
He’s part of an incredibly talented team at Carson Coaching and someone we’ve gotten to know through the relationship between Carson and FIG. There’s plenty we want to delve into but the primary goal for this episode is to learn more about his journey and how he’s gotten to this point, the philosophy behind Carson Coaching, and what we can expect from his new book, Find Your Freedom,
Hopkins is one of the sharpest people in finance and we hope you enjoy this episode as much as we did. Don’t forget to check out the Framework Podcast to get more of his insight into financial services.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn from this episode:
- How his life changed at 8 years old when his dad died unexpectedly. [4:13]
- His experience with Carson Group and the role he’s taken on. [9:36]
- The philosophy of Carson Coaching and what they strive to provide advisors. [15:00]
- What the designations behind his name mean to him and the one designation he would recommend. [19:07]
- The qualities you should look for in a financial coach. [24:04]
- What the process for Carson Coaching looks like and what you can expect for each service level. [27:13]
- What his experience has been like hosting the Framework podcast and which guests he’s really enjoyed. [35:21]
- The details behind his new book, Find Your Freedom. [40:38]
- The life lesson Jamie wants to share today. [45:44]
To learn more about Jamie Hopkins, visit his website here.