Today we turn our attention back on financial planning and a product that many investors are curious about during a down market: fixed indexed annuities. To help us understand this investment better, we’ve invited Wesley Tanner, Vice President of Annuity for both Financial Independence Group and Team Hoover.
His team provides all the R&D when it comes to annuities for our financial professional clients. With more than 20 years of experience, he’s seen the absolute explosion of growth in annuities when it comes to financial planning in this industry.
With rates at an all-time high, Wes shares his expertise on using fixed indexed annuities as part of your portfolio, reducing overall drawdowns and fees, and offering a bond alternative. Tune in for some valuable takeaways and life lessons from a seasoned professional who has been in the industry for over 20 years.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn from this episode:
- How much has this landscape changed from 20 years ago? [5:28]
- How illustrated returns are presented and handled with professional clients. [14:00]
- How to de-risk a portfolio through annuities. [16:55]
- What are Wesley’s thoughts on pay for performance? [21:55]
- What Wes is looking for when he’s sorting through all the new investment options to make sure clients are getting the best? [22:47]
- What does he expect rates to do in the near future? [27:43]
If you have annuity questions for Wesley, you can email him here: firstname.lastname@example.org